As I embarked on my journeys through Europe, I knew I had to visit the Swiss Alps! The culture, the nature, the people, the food – these were all things I was dying to immerse myself in.
So I was super excited when I booked my stay at The Cambrian in Adelboden, as it’s known to be one of the best hotels in the region. In fact, by the end of my stay, this hotel had effortlessly captured my heart and secured its place as one of my favourite hotels I’ve ever been to!
Views that’ll blow you away
Situated in the heart of the Swiss Alps, this hotel boasted an incredible 360 view of the surrounding natural beauty.
From the snow-capped mountains, to the greenery scattered around, to the warmth of the villages at their bases – it was a wondrous sight to behold.
I could be here all day praising how incredible the view was, but since pictures speak a thousand words, let these photos give you a glimpse of what it was like!
Hotel life at its finest
I stayed in a junior suite with a balcony (with direct views of the mountains!) – I had to resist lounging on the deck all day long taking in the grandeur of my view.
One of the highlights was the divine in-room breakfast. With a huge spread of different culinary delights, the sight alone was enough to make my mouth water.
The taste certainly lived up to my expectations. Savouring every bite while gazing out onto the beautiful landscape, it was an absolutely perfect way to start the day!
Every day, I loved spending time in the hotel’s wellness retreat. The heated outdoor swimming pool was unlike any other I’ve been to, as it had incomparably spectacular views.
There was also a hammam, a Finnish sauna, therapists on site and a wide range of spa treatments readily available. It was undoubtedly a rejuvenating and revitalising experience.
Commendably stellar service
Something I was particularly impressed with about The Cambrian was how everyone there was so kind and helpful, just like a family! The director even offered us her car, so we managed to go and discover the surrounding mountains and waterfalls in the comfort of our private transport. It was so kind of her and we were sincerely appreciative!
Overall, I can understand why it’s the #1 hotel in Adelboden – from its picturesque surroundings, to its high-end dining and spa facilities, to its extraordinary service and amenities – The Cambrian Hotel is truly one of a kind.
5 interesting facts about Adelboden
When I visit a region, I always love to learn some interesting facts and trivia about it – it really adds to the experience! Here are 5 interesting facts about Adelboden:
- The famous Alpine World Cup in January has one of its heats in Adelboden, because of the popularity and quality of its ski slopes.
- Engstligen Falls at the border of Adelboden are nationally significant Swiss landmarks, being over 600m high (second highest waterfall in Switzerland)!
- Adelboden hosts the Igloo Festival where participants race against the clock to build an igloo! They’re judged on their creativity, beauty, safety and functionality.
- There are over 200 miles of picturesque hiking trails available in the region for any skill level, whether you’re a hiking pro or simply taking your family for a walk.
- The Horned Sledge Races are held here, which is rich with cultural folk traditions – I’ve heard it’s an entertaining and nostalgic event to spectate.
When you visit the Swiss Alps, don’t miss out on staying at the wonderful Cambrian Hotel, and prepare yourself for exciting outdoor adventures amongst the mountains!
Don’t be shy to follow your dreams!
Your Darya Yakovleva